Saturday, October 14, 2017

Review: Rosme Mona Unpadded

Rosme is an Eastern European brand that is worth trying. It is easily available on Amazon & eBay and most of their styles are under $25. Their aesthetic is pretty utilitarian: simple styles - and beige, black & white are the only colors you're likely to find. However, there is a wide variety of styles, which are truly aimed toward different shapes. 

So, unlike brands such as Panache - and especially Freya & Elomi, which really only cater to one single shape - your chances of finding a style that suits you are quite good. Case in point: the Annija was one of the worst fits (for my shape) I've tried in quite some time. But the Mona is a different beast altogether:

 Beauty


It is very difficult to make out in photos, but the upper cup is a very open, stretchy, soft lace; the bottom cup is satin. Overall, the design is quite plain and streamlined. 


Comfort

Band. Non-mesh, 2-hook, runs large and stretchy (as do all the Rosme I've tried). I actually bought this bra a couple of years ago, but it fit a bit too loose for good support, so I packed it away. Now, 20 lbs later, it fits quite well. The band is actually comfy. Not something I'd expect with 2 hooks, but the fact that it is not made of crappy, rugged mesh really helps with that. 

Cups.  Wires are on the softer side, and nice medium height; upright U-shape. The upper lace is an open pattern, which provides lots of stretch and ventilation and makes it full-on-top friendly. The whole bra feels very light on the body; I could feel air flow just walking around. The Mona is the opposite of 'a lotta bra'. The cups have good capacity and depth; the Mona tacks better than usual on me. 


Straps.  They have those ring-connectors I absolutely hate - except when I don't, in this single rare case. Surprise: they are actually comfy. Because they are designed correctly i.e. the ring sits where it should: not smack on top of my shoulder, but over it, and about 1/3 of the way down my back. So there is no weight or pressure. The front of the strap is broader, but not actually padded. 


Compromise

Shape.  And it's iffy to even list it under this category because shape is more a matter of preference, really. And Mona does not give a horrid shape like, say, Curvy Kate's ski slope (for FOT's). It's just not quite as round (under clothing) as I'd like.


And this pic shows really well how Euro designs differ from UK designs. See that area from the strap to the band? See what's not there? Yep: that deeply annoying extra fabric that comes up way too high on UK bras and cuts into the underarm area. Whereas this Euro design is cut perfectly to follow the lines of the body, giving you full range of motion with zero cutting in.

For comparison, here is the Panache Jasmine, one of their 'lower'(!) wire styles.
I'm a good 20 lbs thinner in this pic, but from the way the bra cuts in & encases me, you wouldn't guess that. The band was even a little loose on me then. 
 


 When Do I Wear It?

This is another good 'anytime' bra. It's a good work bra, especially for overheated offices, since it is so lightweight and cool. It's perfectly comfy for weekends, too. The only time I wouldn't likely choose Mona is under thin, loose knits. The lace pattern is flat and invisible, but the seam is a little prominent and the shape a little more projected, which makes a high likelihood for boob-tenting.

Size: 40H (Euro sizing) Fits me like a UK 40G
The bands do run quite loose and stretchy, so sister-sizing won't be as useful here. The stretch-lace and projected cups makes this very workable for FOT's, though it's probably aimed at a balanced shape. I do think full-on-bottoms could also do well with this style, especially if you have some projection; the lace is more substantial than say, Jasmine, and is unlikely to gap.


No comments:

Post a Comment